A good book has no ending. ~ R.D. Cumming

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

It Begins!

I have loved reading since I can remember.

I can remember when I was just starting out reading - books like "Run, Jane, Run" and "See Spot Run". Good times! And my love of reading hasn't diminished since. In 2009 I decided to set a goal for myself in the New Year (a "resolution", if you will) to read an average of 4 books a month. I figured that reading one book a week seemed fair. At the end of the year I had read an average of 4.5 books a month, and so I decided to up the ante for 2010. This year my goal is to read an average of 5 books a month. So far (Jan-Aug) I have read 27 novels.

Why am I aiming for an "average" of 5 a month? While I like the idea of challenging myself to read more, I didn't want to put pressure on myself to fill a quota each month. As is the case for everyone, some months are busier than others and so I may be able to read more in one month than the next. So I figured aiming for an average was a good compromise.

My goal for this blog is to entice others to read more and to suggest books to those looking for something new to read. Although I have read many books up to this point (I am hoping to list them on this blog), I will start reviews from this point onwards; although I may go back after some time, especially if I re-read the book, to update and post a review.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment